Tuesday 7 October 2008

Birthday Goodness

Just a super quick one to show you the cupcake tower I made for Mini Sugar's birthday (I finally got some pics back from the photographer!)

Mini Sugar is very sure about what he likes. He picked all of the colours and decortions, right down to the siver cupcake cases! I made the stand myself and spray painted it blue. I then got some thin red silk cord from a haberdasher and glued it on as edging. It was a total coincidence that the colours he picked matched the party room though! (he had the party at one of those giant soft play centres).

The cakes themselves were my favorite organic vanilla and rosewater recipe. The rosewater makes the cakes really soft and gives them a lovely sweet flavour. The icing was a white chocolate fudge buttercream that I coloured with natural colourings (the last thing we wanted was a room full of 5 year olds coming down from E numbers!). The trains on the top of each cake were some lollipops I found on a party supplies website in the U.S. Judging by the stampede that ensued as soon as the candles were blown out, I think Mini Sugar and freinds were pretty impressed!

Ta dahhhh!

So, that's it for now and i'll write again soon!

Love

Sugar
x x x

P.S Mr Sugar is away next week, so I feel some big, fluffy, glittery girl cakes are in order!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com